Our valued client is an industry leader in the import and distribution of motorcycle accessories, parts and apparel aiming to offer the best products and the best service
Located in Altona, our client is currently seeking a warehouse support assistant to assist the dispatch team with the processing and distribution of orders.
The position will suit a highly motivated and driven individual with a strong attention to detail.
This is an on-going casual role and the successful candidate will be required for an ASAP start. You must be available to work Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:30pm. Some flexibility may be required during peak periods.
The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to;
- Creating connotes & scheduling with freight providers
- Converting picklists to invoice
- Calculating freight charges
- Picking and packing (use of picking slips and RF Scanners)
- loading/unloading trucks
- Keeping areas clean, tidy and safe
To be successful in this role, the following are required:
- Full working rights
- Police check (or willing to obtain one)
- Proven experience within a warehouse administration role and knowledge of warehouse management systems an advantage
- Have own PPE – Hi-vis clothing & steel capped safety boots
- Ability to lift up to 25kgs (when required)
- High attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Excellent communication skills – written & verbal
- Must be able to multitask & listen to directions
- Motivated & hard working
- Ability to work within a team and autonomously
Why work for us?
- Work close to home!
- Onsite parking
- On-going candidate care support by our agency with access to unique benefits and discounts platform
- Great work-life balance – no weekends!
- Work within a friendly & supportive team
- Safe and secure working environment
- An opportunity for training and development
If this sounds like the position for you please click on the apply now button
Australian Staffing Agency acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and the traditional custodians of the lands where we live, learn and work. We pay our respects to ancestors and Elders, past and present. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status