Our client is Australia’s leading plastic manufacturer of a wide range of products from standard gift cards to high technology smart cards. We are currently seeking a self-driven storeperson to ensure the smooth and highly efficient day to day operations across multiple warehouse sites within proximity of each other.
The successful applicant will have a strong attention to detail, have an energetic attitude and drive to maintain an efficient warehouse environment. You will also need to drive the forklift when required. Warehouse site locations are accessed via a back street, so a Forklift and Drivers Licence is also must!!!
Duties will include but limited to:
- Safely operate counterbalance Forklifts
- Unloading and loading of trucks
- Quality control (ensuring shipment accuracy, checking for damage and reporting quality variances)
- Verifying paperwork and update inventory systems.
- Performing transfers of stock to racking locations around the warehouse
- Liaison with internal departments and external carriers as required
- Manual handling up to 20kgs frequently
- Preparation of products and consolidating pallets for dispatch
- Assisting where required to ensure all aspects of material supply are maintained.
- Complying with WHS requirements
- General warehouse maintenance and house-keeping duties
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Current Full Drivers Licence and valid LF Forklift Licence (LO Licence desirable) with proven operational experience
- Experience in all aspects of daily warehouse operations and computer systems
- Work independently and be self-driven to complete tasks on time
- Have a sense of urgency with the ability to multi-task
- Work well with other team members and maintain excellent communication
To be considered for the above position you must:
- Have full working rights (Citizenship or Permanent Residency as the role is ongoing)
- Have (or be willing to obtain) a National Police Clearance Check
Why work with us?
We provide on-going candidate care support by our agency with access to unique benefits and discounts platform. Being in a friendly and supportive work environment, you will also receive a weekly pay, onsite parking, great work-life balance and a position with career progression opportunities and a view to permanency for the right applicant.
If you feel you possess the necessary skills and experience, please express your interest with an updated CV by clicking the ‘apply now’ button.
Please note due to the volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Australian Staffing Agency acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and the traditional custodians of the lands where we live, learn and work. We pay our respects to ancestors and Elders, past and present. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are interested in this role - we'd love to hear from you!
Please submit an up to date CV with your contact details and we will be in touch.