Australian Staffing Agency has been a boutique recruitment provider for over 20 years.
We currently have exciting opportunities for experienced assembly workers for various clients located across South, West and Northern suburbs of Melbourne.
Assembling various aluminium and steel products from commercial kitchens and cooktops, ovens and catering equipment, to trench shoring and graving systems and even building semi trailers from the ground up!
Working hours are Monday to Friday between 7am – 4pm (Flexibility is a must as overtime and some weekend work may be required during peak periods)
These are on-going casual roles with view for permanency for the right candidates.
- Working on production lines
- Competently use hand and power tools such as drills, nail guns, saws and grinders.
- Cutting panels, drilling holes, riveting, screwing, and be responsible for the assembly and construction of various steel and aluminium products.
- Following plans and diagrams for assembly
- Reading measuring tapes and following measuring requirements
- Use of overhead cranes, guillotine, cutting and folding machines
- Adhering to workplace health and safety protocols and maintaining a clean and safe work environment
This is a great opportunity for those wishing to expand their existing knowledge in assembly and production as cross training is available within their other areas such as spray painting and laser cutting and welding.
To be successful in this position you will have
- Proven knowledge and experience with hand and power tools (drills, nail guns, glue guns, saws, grinders etc)
- Have an interest in assembly work and looking for an ongoing position in this field
- Understanding of reading diagrams, measuring tapes and manuals
- The ability to lift to 25 kgs
- Great work ethic and willingness to learn
- Excellent reliability and punctuality
- High attention to detail
- Own PPE – steel capped safety shoes and Hi Vis clothing
- Have or be willing to obtain a national police check
- Current LF forklift license
Why work with us?
- Paid Weekly
- Free onsite parking
- Work life balance – Half day on Fridays
- Overtime available
- Great team environment
- On-going candidate care support by our agency with access to unique benefits and discounts platform
If you think you have what it takes, please express your interest by applying now with an updated CV.
Please note due to high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Australian Staffing Agency acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and the traditional custodians of the lands where we live, learn and work. We pay our respects to ancestors and Elders, past and present. Australian Staffing Agency are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.